MAE Engineering has been providing structural engineering services to clients in the Pacific Northwest and throughout North America since 1973. We strive to understand the goals and priorities of each project.
Join Our Team
Structural Design Engineer
MAE Engineering is located in Eugene, Oregon. We are looking for a Structural Design Engineer that is interested in working for a firm that practices a wide range of structural engineering endeavors. We are looking for an engineer with a breadth of experience and the drive to continue their professional and personal development.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Candidates must possess a Professional Civil Engineering License in the State of Oregon and/or other States; candidates that have recently passed a state professional engineering exam will be considered. A licensed structural engineer would be ideal.
- Experience in structural design and detailing for steel, concrete, wood, and masonry structures within high seismic zones.
- Desire and ability to work in a physical office environment.
- Familiarity with the International Building Code structural provisions and referenced structural standards (ASCE 7, AISC 360, ACI 318, OSSC, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively with project stakeholders and team members via email, video conference and in person.
- Operational knowledge and experience with computer programs to include the following: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD and/or REVIT, Bluebeam, Risa 3D, and/ or other structural modeling and analysis software.
- Ability to generate sketches and work with our team of CAD designers to develop construction drawings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Independently select, evaluate, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and MAE standard operating procedures.
- Prepare design documents for drafting.
- Perform structural calculations for permitting and client review.
- Perform field investigations of existing conditions.
- Develop project scope and service fee estimation as necessary, attend meetings and coordinate with stakeholders to set deadlines, keep communication lines open, coordinate with inside team to accomplish project timelines.
- Exhibit a high level of attention to detail and quality control in personal work and evaluation and review of other engineer’s work.
Salary and Benefits:
- $76,000 – $86,000 salary
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement savings program
- Paid holidays (including a floating holiday of choice)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, jury duty)
Our Mission is to assist in the responsible development of our built environment by cultivating community relationships and providing safe, innovative design that are sustainability efficient and artful in fashion.
If you are interested in joining our Eugene team, please email your resume and a cover letter describing why you would like to be a part of this team. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
MAE Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage of national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, gender/sexual orientation,
Need help with your project?
We take pride in our ability to satisfy the needs of the architects, designers and builders. Our goal is to assist our clients by creating structures that are efficient, practical and enduring.